Solved answers for CBSE Class X

QUESTION:

Have you ever had a similar experience, where your parents encourages you to do something that you were too scared to try? Discuss this in pairs or groups.

ANSWER:

Section 1: Background Context:

We all might have feared of doing something or the other our whole life. But, only if we overcome this fear, we can become successful in our life. This story of the seagull bears testimony to this fact and teaches us all to get rid of our long haunting fears too.

Section 2: Explanation:
 
Parents always act for the well-being of their off-springs. At times, their action may seem very rude and harsh. But, they eventually want us to succeed. This was evident in both the timid seagull’s first flight story and my own real life as well. If our parents stop pushing, we may not develop or sharpen our skills and it will become a huge setback in our life.

Section 3: Direct Answer:

Right in my childhood, I was very afraid of riding a cycle because of having met with an accident earlier. One day my mother took note of it and took me to a nearby ground and asked me to ride the bicycle on my own. But I was feeling very afraid and couldn’t ride even though my mother was right next to me to help me out. Finally, after persistent efforts of my mother, I gathered all my courage and started pedalling and starting riding.

Comments