My fondly childhood days and school life


A childhood to cherish!

The Importance of Cherishing Your Warm, Childhood Memories and How ...

Childhood memories hold significance in everyone’s life and are cherished by all for some reason or other. Even after growing up, all of us would be longing for childhood as it forms a memorable part of our life. So what makes this childhood so special? Well, a child is free of all anxieties and worries associated with our hectic daily life. A child’s ultimate motto remains so simple just like ‘eat, drink and be merry’ all the way. The childhood’s charm can never be forgotten and these tiny memories leave an everlasting impression in our hearts.

I also, feel the same when I recollect the days of my incredible childhood. I feel down to earth as I think about those evergreen time period. Like many, I too had a happy life in my younger age by wandering in the open fields and simultaneously enjoying the beautiful pasture lands. During annual holidays, my parents used to take me on a trip to various Indian cities such as Delhi, Kolkata, Darjeeling, Bangalore and Kochi, which gave me an opportunity to learn about various Indian cultures.

An enjoyable schooling:

I did my schooling up to 5th in Don Bosco preparatory school and till 12th at St. Gabriel’s Higher Secondary school, Broadway.  Each one of us would have felt pretty annoyed to wake up early in the morning, getting all dressed up and completing the daily homework tasks forced upon us by our teachers during our school days. Even though these times were hard, now I am willing to do whatever it takes to go back to those eventual days to sit in my very own class, playing pen fight and tic-tac-toe with my friends and exchange juicy gossips on the latest movie and television shows. There are even more to add to this never-ending list as given below:

The evergreen school memories:

Wearing colour dress on our very own birthday and getting to hear the ‘Happy Birthday’ chant of our fellow students, distributing chocolates to all and taking our bestie with us to give candies to all other teachers can’t ever be so easily forgotten!

Whenever, I missed completing my daily assignments, I would pray for the absence of my teacher. This not only allows me to escape on that particular day but also enables our whole class to get a free period to enjoy too!

Celebrating Diwali by bursting crackers secretly in school premises, fighting for the national flags and cookies during the eve of Independence and Republic Day celebrations are moments to cherish forever. And who can ever forget that ‘school day’ where we get a golden chance to exhibit our talents to win various prizes?

Opening our lunchbox well before lunch bell is one of the most common crime committed by all at least once in their school time. Sometimes, I have even snatched the lunchboxes of my classmates and pretend as if the entire food items have vanished in mid-air!

Getting punished itself is a lot of fun indeed. I still remember instances when I reached late after the final bell and ran several rounds across the school ground as a punishment from the P.E.T master. Also, many of us would have also missed wearing the house jerseys and white shoes during Fridays and got punished in return as well.

An adventurous journey!

Carrying such a heavy school bag which itself weighs several kilograms, borrowing pens at examination halls secretly without the invigilator’s permission and completing filling the record notebooks during the neck of the moment are a few other adventures that we all would have carried out at some point of time during their childhood for sure. These sweet childhood school day memories will ever be cherished in our minds for ages and ages for sure…

Comments