Sample answers for a potential job interview

Here in this article, I am providing sample answers to a few of the common questions asked in a typical job interview:


1.       Why should we hire you?

Because I believe that I am suitable for this job because of my good communication skills, creativity and effective writing style. Since I am a Computer science graduate, I believe that I can excel in writing especially related to technology related topics as well.

2.       If your degree is not in journalism, help us understand how your college education and your experience will help you become a good writer.

To me, qualification is never a barrier. It is the interest to learn new things that matters a lot. I have seen several journalism professionals not doing well and a few of science graduates doing very well in this field also. As said before, my Computer science background will help me to write effectively on topics related to technology in my opinion.

3.       What type of contents have you worked with before?

I have done blogging for an education oriented portal where we update content on a regular basis for various government (SSLC, HSC etc.) , recruitment (TNPSC, UPSC etc.,)  and entrance examinations (GATE, NEET etc.,). Then, I also worked for a news app by name ‘newstm’ where we update short news snippets in both Tamil and English language across various departments such as Politics, Technology, Sports etc.,

Right now, I am doing freelance content writing for some corporate websites by updating their websites with new SEO optimized blogs on a weekly basis…

4.       Tell us about a book you've read recently. What was the one thing that you liked most about the book?


The one book that I like the most is our late former President Abdul Kalam’s “Wings of Fire”. I get inspired by his narration, motivational quotes and more.

5.       When you write news or an article, how do you determine a credible source from a not-so-credible source?

When we prepare a news article by researching over internet, we have to make sure that we get the news story from some reliable news source such as IANS, BBC etc., In case if we have in house reporters who gather news stories, we have to thoroughly inquire them about the exact news happening before drafting a story. Also, we should avoid writing news based on rumours that were predominantly spread in various social media platform these days…

Comments